OHA Bursary Program presented by Dairy Farmers of Ontario
2021-2022 Application Guidelines and Form
OHA members know first-hand the commitment needed to succeed at a high level on the ice and in the classroom. With this school year providing extra challenges, the hard work put forth by graduating students deserves to be recognized.
The OHA is proud to partner with Dairy Farmers of Ontario (DFO) to present the Bursary Program, which recognizes OHA members for their outstanding commitment to:
- Community service: the applicant demonstrates “perseverance, originality, and heart,” while assisting in building stronger and healthier communities
- Academics: dedication to studies and attainment of high grades in the classroom
- Athletics: on-ice success/achievement, as well a passion for the game of hockey
Six (6) DFO Bursaries will be awarded at $8,000 each.
“Dairy Farmers of Ontario fully supports Ontario youth to achieve their goals, both on and off the ice,” said Cheryl Smith, Chief Executive Officer at DFO. “MilkUP is DFOs youth lifestyle brand that inspires, celebrates, and motivates teens to find the strength and energy on their journey in realizing their untapped potential. The bursary program will recognize some of the outstanding Ontario youth athletes who demonstrate MilkUPs values: perseverance, originality, and heart.”
“We are very excited to partner with the Dairy Farmers of Ontario on this special bursary program for our OHA players,” said David Leger, Executive Director of the OHA. “We understand that while the players are participating in our programs that in many cases, they are also balancing the academic demands for their future. The bursary program aligns with the OHA purpose to grow individuals and communities through hockey and our players will benefit immensely from this bursary program and partnership”
All applicants must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The bursaries are open to all OHA members (OJHL, GOJHL, PJHL, and ACH) – players, coaches, trainers, and officials
- Requests can only be made for active OHA players
- A recipient is attending a post-secondary institution during the 2022-2023 school year.
- Maintain a high standard of academic excellence.
- Active in their local community programs (any community sport or social program).
- Must be applying to a post-secondary institution in Ontario.
HOW TO APPLY
Head to this link to fill out the application! OHA Bursary Program
Candidates must complete the application form below and submit it to the OHA by 8:00 pm on May 1, 2022. Each application will be reviewed by a panel and only the winning recipients will be contacted by the OHA. We wish the best of luck to all applicants.
- Please provide the following documents to strengthen your application:
- One page letter outlining the request
- Proof of academic record (report card, transcript)
- Supporting letter from your Junior Hockey Association President
- Proof of community involvement
- Any other supporting documents
- If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy Statement: The OHA is committed to complying with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). In this regard, the OHA will protect the privacy and security of all personal information disclosed to or collected or used by the OHA for the purposes of running its “OHA Bursary Program” The OHA follows the ten (10) Canadian Standards Association principles identified in the federal PIPEDA.