PJHL Announces Division Changes for the 2024/2025 Season
Cambridge, ON – The Provincial Junior Hockey League (PJHL) has announced changes to their divisional structure for the upcoming 2024/2025 season. With the newest PJHL franchise, the Muskoka Bears, joining the Carruthers Division in the North Conference, division realignment has been made to balance the quantity of teams between each conference.
The PJHL is excited for new rivalries to be born and to foster high level of competition between teams.
“We have discussed alignment for a couple years trying to find a competitive balance of 7 or 8 teams in each division,” said PJHL Commissioner Terrence Whiteside. “It allows for better scheduling balance and for all teams to play a similar playoff path to get to the Schmalz Cup. We are hopeful that our changes in alignment will create some new rivalries and opportunities for balance within the divisions.”
The listed divisional changes are as follows:
- The Muskoka Bears will join the Carruthers Division
- The Caledon Golden Hawks will move from the Carruthers Division to the Orr Division
- The Schomberg Cougars will move from the Carruthers Division to the Orr Division
- The Dorchester Dolphins will move from the Yeck Division to the Doherty Division
- The North Kawartha Knights will move from the Orr Division to the Tod Division
- The Lakefield Chiefs will move from the Orr Division to the Tod Division
Please direct questions and inquiries to:
Mitchell Giamou, Social Media & Marketing Manager
Full Press Release: PJLH Announces Division Changes for the 2024/2025 Season
About the Provincial Junior Hockey League
The Provincial Junior Hockey League (PJHL) is made up of 63 franchises across Ontario and is the largest junior hockey league in the world. We are proud to provide opportunities for more than 1,450 players to play competitive hockey while continuing to pursue their post-secondary education and career ambitions.